- Cut a length of chain that measure 17 inches.
- Using a size 0 crochet hook and the hemp yarn, crochet 3 single crochets in one of the links, about 4 inches to one side of the center, chain 6, skip the next chain link then single crochet in the next link. Repeat until you have single crocheted in 6 links. Cut the hemp yarn.
- Starting back at the beginning, slip stitch into the first chain six group and then single crochet 3 into the chain loop. Chain 3 then single crochet 3 into the next loop. Repeat until you have 3 single crochets in evey loop. Cut the hemp yarn.
- Using a large eye needle, weave the ends of the hemp yarn in and out of the crochet stitches.
- This necklace is basically crocheted the same except there is one more row of crochet and instead of chaining 3, I chained 6. Oh, and the chain is longer (26 inches) and the links are smaller.
- Slipped a few beads, a metal heart and a pearl into an eye pin.
- Weave the eye pin in the center crochet group.
- Slip a few more beads onto the eye pin and then attach it to the chain link that directly above it.
- Add 2 more eye pins to either side of the center pin, or not ... originally I made this necklace with the 3 hearts hanging, but as I was photographing it, I realized I liked it better with out those 2 side hearts.
- For the smaller chain necklace, I just added a metal heart and 3 little crystal beads.
Lovely don't you think?
Note: Crochet is not really my expertise ... sewing, yes, crocheting no ... so having said that, if you see flaws in my crocheting directions cut me a little slack ... I offer these crochet tutorials mostly to inspire you to try something that maybe you never thought of!