I am so in love with the first tin can caddy that I made ... way back when ... that I just had to make another.
When I first started out making this one, I thought I would use papers, old maps, new maps, ledger paper, and subway diagrams, but then reality set in. Paper and Mod Podge don't like wavy, bumping outer can surfaces and I ended up with a puckering mess. So I ditched that idea and went back to the original technique that I know works like a charm.
You gotta try this. And on a Lazy Susann, it dosen't get any better. Oh, and yes, again I tried putting the cans at different heights and while it looks super cute and all, I'm a practical gal and really like that space on the Lazy Susan under the cans.
Here's What I Did:
- Gather a variety of cans in different sizes, one being a large coffee can.
- Cover the cans with fabric panels using Matte Mod Podge.
- Punch holes in the small cans and in the coffee can, using an awl and a hammer.
- Then load it up with all your crafting supplies.
- Don't forget the Lazy Susan ... such a great idea those Lazy Susan's are!